We are excited to be opening our doors to students today, Thursday 3 September, for the Autumn term, following a most unusual summer holiday.
Headteacher Sarah Gregory said:
“I was so proud of the students and staff for the way they rose to the many challenges arising from the COVID 19 pandemic last term; everyone supported each other to embed new ways of working and keeping school a safe place for our young people to learn and develop. It is a huge success that in these unprecedented times our students still achieved some incredible examination results”
“As we reopen we will continue to respond to the COVID 19 Government guidance for schools, with necessary adaptations in place as we did during the summer term, and we will together do all we can to ensure our students are getting the very best learning experience they can.”
The school is implementing a series of system controls outlining the set of actions school must take. These include:
- Minimising contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school
- Cleaning hands thoroughly more often than usual
- Ensuring good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach
- Introducing enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach
- Minimising contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible
We are risk assessing the use of masks as the Gov.uk guidance currently states:
“Nationwide, while the government is not recommending face coverings are necessary, schools will have the discretion to require face coverings in communal areas if they believe that is right in their particular circumstances.”
We are keeping our parents/careers in the loop to make sure they are engaged also, and to this end Learning Mentors have made phone calls home to outline mask protocol and the other measures in place and following classroom support for students today we have sent home a summary of the Covid 19 measures and expectations in school.
Welcome back to all our wonderful Students.
We have provided clear outlines and information for staff and students, which you can download here: